Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Maybe I'm Not Asking for Enough Money....

It occurred to me recently, ok, just now, that asking everyone I know for a dollar to help me make what is currently being referred to as 168 Project Team #13 2010 Edition may be thinking too small. Between all the various social networks I belong to, and including actual family, and friends, I probably know about 5000 people, so, I figured $5000 would be enough to make a ten minute short film, based on a Bible verse in a week, as I've done it with that or less in the past.


There was a couple about twenty years ago, that stood on the corner of IIRC, Wilshire and La Cienega, which is just down the street from The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, with a cardboard sign, "We need $1 Million for Film" imitating the beggars you may see at various street corners. Or, maybe you don't, as I don't know what street corners you hang out at.

It's my understanding that this got them several meetings, and even an agent, as they picked a prime location for this stunt. I don't absolutely know however, if this got their movie produced and released.

And again, to review, this was over 20 years ago. Before the 'netplosion. So now, I'm thinking I need to put up the same exact cardboard sign, and this time, I'll put it up here. It reads, I need $1 Million for my 168 Project Film.

The Paypal Button is currently in the upper left hand corner of the site. The math states, one person can donate a million dollars, or a million of you can donate one dollar each. My good friend Ben Mack has already donated $23, so, he gets his name and quite possibly company first in the list of 'Special Thanks' credits. Also, his name in the IMDb. That might catch on, I think. Your name or names can go below his.

By all means, I'm accepting in kind donations as well, therefore, if you think you can afford anything, by all means, leave a comment. Or retweet. Or both.

72 and sunny in Redondo Beach.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment