Friday, December 12, 2008

Blatant Self Promotion

In an effort to increase my non existent traffic, I've decided that the quickest way to do that, is to get nominated for a Shorty Award, in the Humor category. How to do this?

<insert evil maniacal laugh here>

It turns out, that in order to win a humor award, you have to be funny. Or, hilarious. Or, quite possibly, outrageously hugetastic. And in this case, you have to do it in 140 characters or less. See my column on Twitter posted over at IDEA MASTERS if it's up. If not, you must wait, as I don't know how far ahead I'm over there, and I don't have time to look.

Well, I do, but that's another post at a different blog. In any case, my humorous attempt to solicit votes may fall on deaf ears, however, the circular nature of social media is that this link  will allow you to vote for me, if you so desire. Or even if you don't, you will anyway. I think :) What's going to happen now you ask? Well, posting here, will tweet Twitter. And then those of you that follow me, will hopefully come here, and click the vote link, and I'll be notified via tweet. Then I'll tweet a thank you to those that made it here.

And maybe a few more people will listen to Who is, the Watchmaker? And Laugh :) Because you can't listen to a 'blog entry, you have to read it.

3 comments:

  1. Can someone please explain to me in more detail about the shorty awards? I hear about it here and there but don't know what it is exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, Gman. In all the blatantcy I forgot the one most important thing, and that's followup. To specifically answer you, in my own words: I don't know. The site itself does a better job than I ever could.

    Http://Shortyawards.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you win that shorty award!

    ReplyDelete